Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pennies From Heaven

I thought I'd share a little experience I had regarding signs that our loved ones can give us. Shortly after my dad passed I began finding pennies everywhere. I'd get in my car and there would be one on my seat. A penny even appeared in the Doctor's office. It was right after I found out I was pregnant, and was standing at the counter to make another appointment. Low and behold I look down for some reason and there it was, a penny. After I left the office and started to open my car door, I noticed a penny laying right at my feet. It was to a point, I'd be thinking about my father and where ever I was, I'd notice a penny laying in front of me somewhere. I did believe these were my "pennies from Heaven". I just "knew" they were a little sign from my dad. My sisters and I were having a conversation about how I would always find pennies this way. Well as we chatted, I made the comment, " Well if it is Dad then he should be leaving quarters." My father was an avid collector of the new quarters. He had a special book for them, and my girls would sit with him as he showed them each one. He even started a book for each of my girls. My one sister was getting ready to leave after our little conversation, and I decided to walk her to her car. No sooner then I stepped out of the door and placed my feet on the sidewalk, I noticed in all it's glory, a bright silver quarter almost staring up at me. I actually began to laugh and said "thanks dad, I knew it was you." My sister grinned and shook her head in acknowledgment, that she too believed it was my father's little sign, that he was still with us. I just wanted to share that something as simple as a penny, can be a conformation, that your loved one is still connected to you. It really can be a matter of something so simple.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP